#ArcAugust and the Recap of Fortitude

You know me, always snappy in my responses to things. Not.
Two weeks later, I will give you the recap of our #ArcAugust readathon, and my general book life, but it's never a bad time to talk about books, amirite?

The Readathon
The Positives:
-Getting to see Elley, and our friend Annie
-Solid reading time.
-Snaaaacks. (I love you, stuffed green olives and taco dip.)
-I knocked out several of my books! Specifically:
The Governess Game by Tessa Dare
The Mansion by Ezekiel Boone
The Ghost Photographer by Julie Rieger
Stars Uncharted by S.K. Dunstall

Done-zo.
They were all actually surprisingly good. Would recommend any of them.

The Negatives:
-We ended up getting a hotel - which was cool - except we shared it with like 5 basket ball teams full of high school students, all of whom were consumed with hormones and the desire to swim, so our plans for a leisurely hot tub/pool read were dashed. Also teenagers don't know how to be quiet after 10 pm.
-I could have used another day of reading, honestly.

The Rest Of It

After readathon was done, I read one more ARC, specificaly I Love You, I Hate You by Elizabeth Hayley which I didn't particularly care for.
Then I fell down a nonfiction hole (not ARCs, oops) with this glorious creature:
Ghosts of the Tsunami: Death and Life in Japan̢۪s Disaster Zone

You guyyyyysssss. It's breaking my heart.
I get a serious squee over anything pertaining to natural disasters (and yes, it's because I've never been in one) so this book has been on my TBR for ever, and I finally checked it out from the libray.
It's amazing. It's heartbreaking. It's so sad, and beautifully written, and chock full of intricate and horrifying details.

I immediately checked out his other two books, and they will be next on my list, so sorry, ARC pile, you're gonna have to wait a bit.

What about you, friends? What are you reading lately?

Love ya,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Things to Read During Quarantine