It's Challenge Time! - 2019 edition

Peekaboo here! I'm stealing a page from Elley's book and posting about the reading challenges I will participate in starting in 2019.  In 2018, I tried to do way too many, and failed, so this year, I shall be doing three.

Goodreads Challenge: 

For 2018, I put a goal of 100 books, and then when I was 10 away from getting 150 books, so I switched it up. I think for 2019 I'm going to shoot for 125. The point is to set a fun goal but NOT stress myself out too much. Et voila. 
(For the record, I do count children's books in with my reading goal. All reading is good reading, kthanksbaiiii.) 

Let's Discuss 2019


My whole goal for 2019 is to be more creative, and one of the ways I leak out creativity is via writing, so I am hoping this challenge gives me more things to write and discuss, bookishly. Signups are not up yet, but as soon as they are, I'll hop on this bus.

Beat the Backlist 2019


This is my first year doing this one too! I have over 2,000 books on my to-read list on GoodReads, and that is after HEAVY culling. There are too many good books out there! This will be a good motivator to start reading down my backlist, maybe take a few of these off there. It's just so hard, because more new and excellent books are published all the time! I will be making a hashtag on my GoodReads account at some point to organize my books. Maybe I should make dedicated reading days too. Hmmmm. (What I'm REALLY saying is more readathon weekends.) 

If you're interested in this one, sign ups are open here.

Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge 2019


Soooooo I'm gonna do that one too. It's sort of just a read as many as you want/can, and have fun. Sounds chill. I should read more contemporary romances anyway. Let's give it a shot.
Signups are here

That's it. That's what I'm doing. Maybe I'll add more? Maybe I'll totally forget I'm doing this. Maaaybe we will all go up in a puff of smoke. It's worth trying though, right?

If you decide you want to do any of these challenges, let me know and we can be buddies.

Love and cookies,



Comments

  1. HOORAY FOR CHALLENGES!!! I like how I said I was just doing three and not even a week later I'm already like "Oh, and this shiny new one too..." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining Beat the Backlist! Good luck and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're joining us for the Discussion Challenge! I look forward to talking books with you in 2019!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Things to Read During Quarantine