Monthly wrap-up: February 2020



February was a month filled to the brim with books, mostly because Elley and I went on a reading vacation where we did almost nothing except sit in a hotel room, reading books and eating takeaway. Note that these are books I finished in February, not necessarily started. But hey, it all counts. 

Books for this month:

Crisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to Come From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava (Lava #1) First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4) Hellstrom's Hive 
The Princess Beard: The Tales of Pell Courting Miss Hattie Him (Him, #1) The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1) The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend




My favorite reads
Unequivocally, we're gonna go with First Comes Scandal by Julia Quinn. That woman is pure gold, and her new book is an absolute delight. (Thanks,  NetGalley!) Quite a few were re-reads, which I ate like cake, but since I read them because they make my heart happy, I won't quite count it. 

Things That Make Me Happy:

I started using this new app called Mealime which is kind of a meal planning/prep app, and damn if it hasn't changed my cooking habits. It's still a struggle, cooking and food, but it's easier now, and that's awesome. 
Also, it got up to nearly 40 degrees (F) this week, and for the first time I was sure spring would come back, and that was delightful. It's back down to 20 now, and my skepticality has returned. Stupid Minnesota winter. 

Happy reading friends! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Things to Read During Quarantine

Oh No! A Reading Slump!