Things to Read During Quarantine



Hiya, it's WhaleSnark!
 
   Here are things I have been reading and doing during my Work From Home life.
I love the horror graphic novels of Emily Carroll. She is a brilliant storyteller and artist.
She wrote Through the Woods, which has a very limited color scheme that really adds to the drama of her work.

Image result for through the woods emily carroll

Right now, several of her works are available on GumRoad, a website that caters to small independent artists getting their work out into the world.

The first one is called Mona, and it costs £2.50
https://gumroad.com/l/monabasic 

The other, Beneath the Dead Oak Tree, is available for free right now due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
https://gumroad.com/l/XpFfX

Both are excellent for late-night-by-candlelight reading. Being spooky isn't just reserved for the autumn months. 

Now let me throw one more wicked awesome webcomic at you! Tiger, Tiger, by Petra Nordlund.
https://www.tigertigercomic.com/tiger-tiger/001

Synopsis: Tiger, Tiger is a story of a young noble lady, who steals her brother's identity and his ship to sail across the world to find love and adventure, and to write a book about her favourite subject: the fascinating life cycle of sea sponges!

It's hilarious, and sexy, and adventure-y! Who doesn't love swashbuckling and romance, and generally just good fun!? Give it a shot!


Next I am gonna tell you about a series I am slow-burn reading. It's the Darker Shade of Magic series by V.E. Schwab. 

Image result for A Darker Shade of Magic series


I just finished the second book, A Gathering of Shadows, last night. I am taking my time with this series, especially now that I have lots of time to do so. 

(I also have more time to blog, so let's see if I can keep that up too :P ) 

This series is dark (haha get it?) but it also has tons of whimsy. The main characters develop a very fun report with each other that I am finding very delightful. 

I am due soon to start the third book, A Conjuring of Light, in the coming days. 

I just noticed that I have a black, red, and white theme going in this post, and I think that is neat! 

What else am I doing?
Embroidery!
Art!
Contemplating eternal verities, and feeling lost in the shallow pool that is life right now.  

Stay sane, y'all. 

-WhaleSnark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!