Book Review: Mister Hockey by Lila Riley

Mister Hockey

Author: Lia Riley
Genre: Contemporary romance
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Publication Date: July 11, 2017
Rating: 4 stars


Summary: Her biggest fantasy is about to become a reality. . .

Jed West is Mr. Hockey. The captain of the NHL’s latest winning team, the Denver Hellions–and the hottest player on the ice—at least according to every magazine. . .and Breezy Angel. Breezy has been drooling over Jed at games for years, and he plays a starring role in her most toe-curling fantasies. But dirty dreams don’t come true, right?

Then Jed saunters through the doors of her library, a last minute special guest for a summer reading event, and not only is he drop dead gorgeous up close, his personality is straight up swoon-worthy. He even comes to the rescue when she has an R-rated “Super Book Worm” costume malfunction. But when he mistakenly assumes she’s more into books than pucks, she’s too flustered to correct his mistake. And then comes a big kiss, followed by a teensy-tiny problem. Jed’s dating policy is simple: Never date a fan.

So what’s a fangirl going to have to do to convince her ultimate crush that he’s become less of a perfect fantasy, and more like the perfect man. . .for her?
 


Review:  I don't really care that much about hockey. Or hockey players. But what I do care about is Elley, who brought this book to our Dewey 24 Hour readathon party, and then read it and said it was 5 stars.
I was bored of the book I was reading, so I picked this one up, and oh, it was so fun! It was under 300 pages, so a fast read. The main character was plus sized, dressed in vintage clothing, AND WAS A LIBRARIAN, and I am a plus sized librarian who would dress in vintage clothing if it weren't so expensive and I wasn't so lazy so BASICALLY THE MAIN CHARACTER IS ME.  (Also hockey may not be my bag, but I totally understand obsessing over things, so Breezy, girl, I get you. How great of a name is Breezy?)

Jed West is kind of a dumb name. I'll admit it.  I also don't really care that he's a hockey player, but I DID think he and Breezy were super cute together. And guys, the sex was hot. The part where he was all "yup, get up on my face" and she had a moment of "uhh... but flabby" and HE GAVE NO SHITS THAT SHE WAS FAT. It was so great.
Cute romance, cute characters, hot sex. Would it have been hotter if he was actually a Quidditch player? Yes. But I'll take it.

Feel free to drop in the comments your favorite hockey-or-other-sports type books. I should probably read more, since I'll never get the Quidditch romance I'm dreaming about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: Heated Rivalry by Rachel Reid