#RomBkLove Day 1: Gateway Romances

Guys, I just discovered  A NEW THING. Specifically, the #RomBkLove hashtag.
Not sure what I mean?

I mean THIS glorious bad boy. A fun way to get on social media and squee about all your favorite romances. Or romantic subplots.  Or favorite kickass heroines. Basically, go crazy, is what I'm saying. And what better place to discuss my favorite romances than right here, with my awesome friends in the Bookquarium? So here goes.

I've been reading romances since I was in elementary school. Seriously. My friend and I used to walk to the library on weekends, and we formed what we called a "romance gang", which essentially entailed us checking out as many romances as we could carry home, reading them, and then going back the next weekend. And we had the awesome librarian bandannas to prove it.

I still devour this shit like it's candy. I can't remember what my first romance novel was, or what got me hooked, or any of that good jazz, but I can tell you, as a librarian, what I most often recommend to people who are looking to start the Great Journey that is romance fiction, and that is.... Julia Quinn.

It's not very surprising. She's basically the QUEEN of regency romance.  Her "Bridgerton" series is where I tell newbies to start. It's absolutely the most fantastic series. Not too hot, not too tame, a good variety of stories within the series to fit most niches, and all the characters are just so lovable.

I ate them like candy when I was younger. Please allow yourself to do the same. You don't even have to start with the first one! Pick any of them. They're all great. All of her books are delightful. And the newest series she's got going on? It's somehow even better than this one.

There you have it. My gateway romance selection.
What about you guys? What is your favorite gateway romance? I ALWAYS want more candy to devour.

Comments

  1. Julia Quinn’s Bridgestone series was also my gateway drug. Uh, I mean romance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling