#RomBkLove Day 7 - Cowboys

H'okay guys, I'll be the first one to admit here, I really haven't read many cowboy romances. Or like any at all. Ever.
I did have a brief flirtation with the Trigun and Firefly fandoms for a while, which are like cowboys in space, but that's as far as it got. So Peeks, why are you writing about cowboys when you skipped days 3-6 of this hashtag challenge? Because, gentle reader, I want to read MORE cowboy romances.
Have you read Longmire? Because I shipped the hell out of Walt and Vicks in there, let me tell you, but those are staunchly classed as mystery fiction, not romance.

Most importantly, I am interested in gay cowboy romances. None of this Brokeback Mountain, one of them dies at the end and it's super tragic. (Yes, there's a spoiler for Brokeback, that book came out ages ago, calm down.) I want a HEA. I want two dudes riding off on their horses into the Montana sunset. Or two ladies. Or hell, a straight couple, or a non cishet couple, ANYTHING as long as there is a happy ending.

I adore the setting of westerns, the semi-simplicity that comes with ranching, the skill required, the horsemanship, (the chaps!). I just haven't found any that particularly grab me and suck me in.

See? This is where you come in. Please give me your all time favorite cowboy romances. Or cowgirl romances. I'm not picky.

Hit me with your best shot. Fire awayyyyy.

Comments

  1. Now I kind of want to write a FF cowboy (cowgirl??) Romance... dammit

    https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/71841.Best_Cowboy_MM_Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also
    https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/72456.Lesbian_Westerns

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling