Book Review: It Takes Two by Jenny Holiday

It Takes Two

Author: Jenny Holiday
Series: Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, book 2
Publisher: Forever
Publishing Date: June 26, 2018
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Amazon  Goodreads

Summary

All's fair in love and war


Wendy Liu should be delighted to be her best friend's maid of honor. But after years spent avoiding the bride's brother - aka the boy who once broke her heart - she's now trapped with him during an endless amount of wedding festivities. Luckily she's had time to perfect her poker face, and engaging Noah Denning in a little friendly competition might just prove that she's over him for good...

Noah Denning is determined to make his little sister's wedding memorable. But it seems Wendy is trying to outdo him at every turn. Challenging each other was always something he and Wendy did right, so when she proposes they compete to see who can throw the best bachelor or bachelorette party in Sin City, Noah takes the bait - and ups the stakes. Because this time around, he wants Wendy for keeps. And when you're fighting for love, all bets are off.

Review (or something?) 
I straight up met Jenny Holiday this weekend, you guys. At a tiny bookstore in Hudson, WI called Chapter2, and we talked for a half an hour and she's really cool! I did NOT comport myself like a tit, and instead was chatty and bubbly and enthusiastic, and told her numerous times that I loved her books.
And maybe got the scoop on other things she's writing. But I can't talk about that. Insider knowledge, y'all.

Anyway, the review. 
Let me start by saying I still love book 1 the best, because the main character sings to my soul. But book 2 is SO GOOD guys. It's definitely worth continuing the series. I loved Noah and Wendy's sniping at each other. I loved all the real-ass emotions that both characters were steeped in without it getting too overwhelming or broody. I liked Vegas, although part of me was like "how on earth do all these people have the money to spend the weekend in Vegas on a whim? And where can I get some of that?" 
My ultimate favorite thing about this book was that there was a stripper who was paid not only to strip, but also to talk about books afterwards, and I now want a short novella based on this guy. Jenny, get on this.
I can't wait for book three. I don't even know anything about Gia and whatshisface, but I am already super psyched for book three. Also, guys, these covers are gorgeous, right? 

Read on, friends!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: Heated Rivalry by Rachel Reid