WhaleSnark's Monster Blog-o-ween!


Hi All! WhaleSnark here once again! Peekaboo the Octopus challenged me for the Blog-o-ween thingy so here goes! 
I love Halloween! It's my favourite holiday besides International Whale Shark Day. :D  Use  #Ween18 to see posts from me this month!

WitchesA Book or Character that is Magical.
Arianwyn in The Apprentice Witch and A Witch Alone by James Nicol. Wyn is really adept at using magic, and is especially good with making charms. 


33605563
MummiesA Book or Character You Can’t Wrap Your Mind Around.
Bleeeeh um, so many. I guess I'll pick Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond. I hated the book. It was so pretentious and Diamond's hypotheses about why human society ended up where it is were nauseating to read in college. I just remember hating it with a passion, and so did everyone else in my World History class.
1842

VampiresA Book, Series, or Author You Can’t Live Without.The Guardians of Ga'Hoole series by Kathryn Lasky.
A. Owls
B. Dystopian world-building
C. Black-smithing, star charting, librarian owls who are smart and awesome.
This series is phenomenal. I don't think it gets enough credit for how intricately it is woven as a story, a world, and the characters development.
35805
WerewolvesA Book Best Reading at the Middle of the Night.Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Nuff said.
589836
ZombiesA Book You Picked Up for the 2nd Time or Continued after DNFing it.Ok. I almost never pick something up again if I didn't finish it the first time but What a Fish Knows by Jonathan Balcombe is an exception because I wanted to know what a(nother) fish knows! Simple as that! 
26114430
GhostsA Character You Saw Right Through or a Book You Easily Predicted a Twist or the Ending.
Awwww  shoot. SNAPE. Dat Severus Snape. I was all like, nah, he's not "bad", he's just a total butt. Harry is a butt too, but that doesn't mean Snape gets to treat him poorly. Don't hold grudges, ya'll. James was a butt. Snape was a butt. Harry is a butt. The cycle continues. 
1
FrankensteinA Book that Truly Shocked You.What a hard one! Ooooo, let's see.....mmm....
I think I have to say Christopher Paolini's final Inheritance Cycle book in the Eragon series, Inheritance (omg they could've come up with a better name for it though. It's already The INHERITANCE CYCLE. LAZY BRANDING) I can't tell you why it shocked me, other than it was REALLY GOOD, cuz spoilers.
Anyway, I liked this final book. It took forever to be finished, then published, but at least it did eventually get written, unlike some books we could name (The Winds of Winter by George R,R. Martin. Omg the show is gonna end better than your book, guy!)
7664041
SkeletonsA Book or Character that Chilled You to the Bone or got your Funny Bone.
 Anything David Sedaris has written makes me laugh. I also love Jenny Lawson. Two of my favourite authors that make me LOL.
23848559 7857195
GhoulsA Book that Left You Hungry or a Recipe You Want to Try from a Book.Oooooo yesssss I love cookbooks! 
Paul Hollywood's newest book British Baking! I like to make The Great British Baking Show stuff (eff you puff pastry!) 
I also want to try stuff from this book because Paul is literally doing his favourite thing on the cover, flouring his work space!
20613621
GoblinsA Greedy Character or a Character that Loves Gold and Jewelry.So, I'm saying Mr. Krabs from Spongebob and Gruncle Stan from Gravity Falls. They have been in books.
DevilA Dark, Evil Character.It is much of the time human beings. No specific book. Just a general thing.
History books. Look around.
Grim ReaperA Character You Loved or Hated that Died
Yeah, this book made me cry pretty hard. The dog tells the story and it's a really sweet journey. Dogs are good. 
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
3153910
ScarecrowsA Book or Character that Scares You
Definitely Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
I love these stories. They are terrifying. The limited color palettes add to that.
The illustrations are incredibly gruesome. This book is total horror <3
23784621
The Monster MashTag Your Friends to Join!I tag.. I will ask my friends at work to do this challenge!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Things to Read During Quarantine