Kindle Unlimited, and why Elley Otter is a great friend to have, but is also evil.

Kindle Unlimited.
It's an excellent invention for binge readers, especially those who like romances and zombie novels. (I.e. yours truly.)
The deal is: for 10 bucks a month (or slightly less if you buy a yearly subscription) you have access to over one million titles for free. You can "check out" ten at a time, and keep on going until your eyeballs pop out.
Sounds awesome.
And it IS rather awesome. Will it have all the hot new releases you want to get your mitts on? No, probably not. It may have last year's though! What it does have is a lot of those slightly less well known romance authors whose stuff you may not be able to get through your local library. Ditto the science fiction/apocalypse authors. (For instance, I got this beauty to read, and they have the whole series on KU.)
Infestation (S-Squad Book 1)
Does it look like an enormous waterbear trying to eat a ship to you too? The whole damn series is like this. I'm so excited!!

Money is usually a bit tight for me, which is why I use the public library so much. (Also I work there, and yet somehow still manage to accumulate late fees. Hmmm...) If I had more disposable income, I would be ALL ABOUT KU, but right now I'm on the free month long trial. I may continue it though, depending on how many books I get through this month.

The reason I decided to get it? Our lovely co-host Elley Otter. There was a book she super wanted me to read (The Boyfriend Game by Stella Starling, review to come on blog), and I could pay $4 for it on Kindle, or get the free trial of KU, and give it a shot. I actually really am enjoying it! I have so many library books to read and arcs to get through, but I also really enjoy knowing there is this vast library I can pick from that has the offbeat romances I want to read, or the stupid face-nomming zombies book I like. I'm considering keeping it another month.

Anyway, the moral of the story here is that Elley is a very bad influence, and also a fabulous human/otter, and everyone should follow her blog if you don't already (https://elleyotter.blogspot.com/) and take the opportunity today to celebrate books in all their wonderful forms.

Do you have KU? Do you use it/like it/don't like it? Let me know!!

Love you!



Comments

  1. I *am* a great friend to have, but *also* evil. So accurate. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Things to Read During Quarantine