Book Review: Queer Eye; Love Yourself, Love Your Life

I LOVE the Netflix show Queer Eye. I never watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy back in the day but the new show was fantastic. Five guys who are all confident in themselves not only as gay men, but as human beings, teaching other people - not just straight men, but all people and sexual identities) how to be their best selves through the art of food, hair, style, decor, and social suave.

Basically I want these guys to be my best friends, and fix my life. As does everyone else who watches the show.

So of course when the book fell across my desk at the library, I immediately had to request it. Even more advice on how to be a fabulous bitch from the five most fabulous bitches of them all? YES PLEASE. And I was correct. This book is everything I wanted and more. I want to purchase this book and own it for my home, in part because there are essential style and self care tips, delicious looking recipes, and wonderful pictures of the boys in their natural element. 

What will you get if you read this book?
The back stories of each of the guys, with some frankly yummy pictures of each of them.
Each of their favorite recipes, which (thankfully for me!) look pretty easy to make.
Decor tips, dos and don't, suggestions for making your home more authetically you. (Such as DON'T use fads. Fads are dumb. Style your home to what YOU will like.)
Some super amazing self care tips from Jonathan, including face masks that you can make out of things in your kitchen.
A warm glow in your heart.

Give this book a read! You won't regret it. It will, however, make you want to re-binge the entirety of Queer Eye, so maybe read this and then block off like a weekend to fully immerse yourself in the Fab Five. 

Love, P. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling