What the Heck Has WhaleSnark Been Reading?




Omg SO MANY THINGS.
 
  This is gonna be my catch-up post before I kick my own fluke into high gear and conquer my To Be Read List. 


  I have a HUGE pile of books I want to conquer this year, and I've read a couple already, but the true challenge lies ahead of me. 

So, first off, I wanna say, reading has not come easily to me lately. I have depression and anxiety, which I know sounds weird for a whale shark, but humans aren't the only ones with problems. 

I started the year by reading this awesome book called Otherwood by Pete Hautman. 

This book was one sitting on a table at work for free. I love free books, don't you?


38256488

As always, I love middle-grade fiction, which is a huge age range, but honestly, children are so varied in development, I think books like this are really special.

This story is about two children linked by their families past, but also separated because of it. Literally, their dimensions split away from each other, and they are the only two people who know the other is still alive. Each is gone from the other's dimension. Their timelines diverge, but they are able to meet in one special place. That's why this book cover is so clever, as you can gather. Simple, but it speaks a lot to the contents. 

This book also has ghosts, which I have previously stated as loving, so I'm gonna leave it up to you to read it or not, and find out where the ghosts are. I bet you can't guess just by looking at the cover. : P

Next! A book I finished reading just before the end of the year, about ghosts, of course (theme of my book life, apparently). 


37569920

This one is about a family that has generations of identical female twins that mysteriously die at an early age. I feel like this book could be linked to talking about one's ancestry, as well as the power of words and actions. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, though I found that it went on a little too long for my taste. Nonetheless, I did like the plot and the many twists and turns it took! 


I also have been reading a webcomic about a cat-owner called Wonder Cat

Each page is its own comic, and some have animation! Super cute! A great way to take a break from the garbage that is the world right now! ENJOY!

-WhaleSnark



Comments

  1. Ooh The Ghost Road looks AMAZING. I'll have to check it out, thanks for sharing! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Things to Read During Quarantine