The To Be Read (TBR) List



There are so many opportunities to find new books to read in life. 


Maybe you see a shiny book at a booksellers, or one that's pretty tattered at the library that needs to be withdrawn and taken home to your shelf, perhaps an Advanced Reading Copy falls into your lap, or maybe a friend brings over a book to your house and says "I think you should read this".


My aunt will randomly send me books (Thanks Aunt Kelly!) that I really like, and then I've also got a huge love life with middle-grade fiction because it's so diverse, and the cover art is often SUPER GOOD


Well, in my case, it's all of that, plus a giant stack of books that I've been slowly accumulating for at least six months, to a year. 


So what I'm saying is, a TBR list is okay to have forever. I'm never gonna read everything I want to, and though I tell myself that I will get to everything eventually that I have sitting on the shelf, the truth is I won't. It's impossible. I get too distracted by new books, or something that pops up at work, or whatever. Books are constantly flowing. There's books going on forever.


It's okay to have a pile of books for the sake of a having books. It doesn't matter if you read them. You have them and they give you that weird feeling of being a hoarder of knowledge, like a dragon! Who doesn't want to be a dragon!?! If you don't you aren't being kind to yourself cuz dragons are BOSS. 

Image from http://iguanamouth.tumblr.com/post/90613272412/unusual-hoard-commission-for-fatetea-this-dragon

Anyway, here are a few of the books I have on my TBR list that I am ABSOLUTELY COMMITTING TO READING. No excuses. 

43572739 

I'm always in search of books that Debbie Reese would approve of. She's an authority on American Indians in children's literature. See her reviews of recent and memorable books here: https://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/  Red Dove is written by a woman who consulted Lakota tribes-people. It's fiction, but it's refreshing to see an author try to represent voices that are not heard as loudly as others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25179

My dearest babe Steve  gave me this to read, and I've been aware of it for a long time, but don't you love it when people give you books to try? We actually kind of traded books with him since I gave him my copy of We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20980987 

I'm seeing Amanda Palmer play her new album live in April, so I'm hoping to get her book read by then, and maybe have some more perspective into her work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

38100579 

A NetGalley find, I'm not sure what to expect and I'm excited to see what this book is all about!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28818369    

I found this book at a book shop and honestly, it's just pretty. I don't even care if it's good. I'm gonna give it a shot because sometimes judging a book by its cover is FUN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25614492 

I loved Ruta Sepetys book Out of the Easy, and so I think this book will be excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35405026  

Music is life, and listening to one lovely song a day sounds super great. I'm gonna take notes! I'll probably start this one in June.


That's it! For now anyway!


WhaleSnark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: Heated Rivalry by Rachel Reid