Book Review: The Waters Will Come - Jeff Goodell

Y'all know I LOVE me a good natural disaster book. Epic floods? Earthquakes? Volcanoes? Sign me up. The Waters Will Come was published in late 2017, but it only crossed my radar late last year, so of course I JUMPED at the chance to read it.

It's a nonfiction book that looks in depth at global warming and it's effects on ocean levels. More importantly, how humans all over the world will be super boned when the water levels rise because it effects so much. Bye, Florida. Adios, most of Italy. See you later, normal life as we know it now.

The book was a nice mix of "here's actual facts about things that happened and the policies and decisions that made it this way" and "here is a very plausible scenario that will happen if we let things continue as they are."

While this book doesn't exactly inspire hope for the future, it does slap us in the face enough to want to take action, which is hopeful in itself, I think.

Love ya,
Lady P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Book Review: Heated Rivalry by Rachel Reid