Top Ten Tuesday: Things I'm Thankful For


TTT
  Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Every week they have a different theme for bloggers to post their top tens about, and this week, I've got...

THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR


1) Other people cooking (most of) the Thankgiving meal I'm going to shove in my face. I have a very small family (which is the best!) so I only have to make one thing this year, and that's: Parmesan garlic cauliflower mash. Fuck. yes.

2) Whatever the heck I ate or drank this morning to make me feel all energies. It wasn't coffee. Maybe it was potato oles? 

3) Cardigans. I hate sweaters. They feel constricting and stupid. But cardigans are all the fuzzy and warmth of a sweater in a convenient easy to slip off blanket-with-sleeves.

4) Cheese. Is there any dish cheese can't improve? I know what you're thinking. "Well what about...?" No. You're wrong. It's better with cheese.

5) People who are open and accepting of romance novels and those who love them. It's my happy place, and the happy place of so many other people. Embrace your joy! Read what you want!

6) Lovecraft-related works. I am not a big fan of H.P Lovecraft's writing, and of course he was racist af, but I find the mythos FASCINATING, so things that have spun off this particular nugget are excellent. See: Winter Tide by Ruthanna Emrys

7) My public library. Yes, I work there. But also I check out so many books that in order to sustain my reading habit without the library, I would be SEVERELY in debt. So thanks, library, for making reading accessible.

8) The existence of snacks. Of which I currently have none at my desk. But of which I can quickly get more if need be. Snacks are the fucking best. (Can you tell I'm getting a bit peckish?)

9) The fact that someone is making The Hating Game by Sally Thorne into a movie, and it's staring the hot guy from the DUFF.

10) You, because if you are reading this you either a) know and care about me in some way or b) really like books, and either way, I appreciate you and all that you do in my life. Thank you.

What about you, good reader, what are you thankful for this Turkey Day Week? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Pandamonia by Chris Owen and Chris Nixon

Oh No! A Reading Slump!

Things to Read During Quarantine